Powerful positive affirmations for women
Positive affirmations have become all the rage, especially with the rise of social media. You’ve probably seen Instagram, Twitter and Facebook posts that quote positive affirmations. As it turns out, there’s a lot of science to back up exactly how a set of positive words can dramatically improve your mind and body.
If you’re someone like me, who’s into self-help, personal development, growth mindset, general health and well-being, positive thinking or inspirational quotes, you would have most likely stumbled across some kind of post about positive affirmations, positive mindsets or the power positive thinking to help you to manifest abundance in all areas of your life. Whether you admit it or not, we all talk to ourselves. When I tune into my self-thoughts I realise that they’re often more negative than they are positive. This is something I’m actively trying to change and wok on daily and the truth is its harder than I thought. I truly believe that our thoughts create our actions and our actions create our reality. If we’re constantly inundating ourselves with negative thoughts, we will take negative actions (or lack of action) and this will be the reality we live in.
Discover how you can use affirmations to re-create your self-image, replace your limiting beliefs, and achieve success.
What is an affirmation?
An affirmation is a statement made about yourself that reinforces a current behaviour, or can be used to influence future actions and results. Affirmations are short positive statements that can help you focus on goals, get rid of negative self-talk and self-defeating beliefs.
Affirmations are usually spoken or written in the present tense and it must be noted that affirmations can be positive or negative. Affirmations are something that most of us do every single day without even realising it.
Affirmations can be positive or negative. Only you can decide!
For a moment think about that one person who always comes across as though they have issues or drama in their life. Think about the types of phrases or words they say.
If you pay attention, you’ll realise that they are most likely reinforcing things like:
“this type of thing always happens to me”
“I have such bad luck”
“nothing ever goes right in my life”
“ I can’t deal”
“ I’ll never be that successful”
“I don’t have enough resources”
“I’m not fit enough”
“I don’t have enough experience”
Flip, I am so guilty of using some of these phrases, and truth is, most often than not, I’m blissfully unaware of the fact that the more I say it, the more I’m giving life to it. Bet you can think of at least one person right now that speaks about themselves in this manner. These are all negative affirmations.
A negative affirmation is the quality of negative thoughts that run in your mind on autopilot mode.
Whenever you’re feeling troubled, stressed and fed up, these thoughts become more and more overbearing. If you don’t control then at the outset, they start affecting your mindset completely. So it’s very important to get rid negative affirmations and negative thoughts as soon as you become aware of it. Negative thoughts and negative phrases will affect your mind, body and soul and ultimately your self-confidence and self-esteem goes down. If you keep affirming that you are not good enough, you actually become one who is not good enough. All negative affirmation are destructive, so develop the habit of 1) becoming aware of when you’re using negative thoughts and words, and 2) deliberately change your negative affirmation into a positive affirmation so that your negative affirmation automatically disappears.
Positive affirmations are so much more than just feel good quotes and positive statements. In short, positive affirmations are statements that are repeated to encourage and uplift the person speaking them.
In reality, a positive affirmation is actually part of the language of the brain. Self-help books often promote the power of positive affirmations. I personally use positive affirmations now and positive self-talk when I feel that I have a lot of negative energy around me or when I am stuck with a problem that’s driving me nuts.
They are short positive statements that can help you focus on goals, get rid of negative, self-defeating beliefs and program your subconscious mind.
Examples of positive affirmations
“I feel good”
“I am strong”
‘I can do this”
“I am worthy of great things”
“I am proud of myself”
“I love and accept myself”
Effective Affirmations Are Written in First Person.
Begin your affirmations with the “I” or “I am….” These types of statements turn affirmations into statements of identity. Identity statements are powerful motivators for self-change. Examples of I statements would be, “I am secure and confident speaking in public,” “I enjoy eating healthy food,” “I love to exercise,” and “I am a loving and compassionate person.”
Affirmations Are Written in the Present State.
Write your affirmations as if they are already happening. This means affirming, “I am happy and confident,” instead of “Two months from now, I will be happy and confident.” Or, “I am sexy and attractive,” as opposed to, “When I lose these last ten pounds, I will be sexy and attractive.”
This is the step that causes most people to falter, because in some cases they feel silly writing or saying something that they actually don’t yet believe—at least at a conscious level—is true. But remember, the purpose behind affirmations is to rewrite your subconscious mind.
Do affirmations work?
I don’t think they can hurt. Language is powerful. I have personally found that positive affirmations leads to positive thoughts and a positive mindset. I used this practice when training for my first marathon.
The power of positive thinking is a real thing. If I had any self-doubt I would not have been able to achieve my goal of running and successfully completing my first marathon or my first ultra-mountain challenge. There is a lot of merit when it comes to feeding your mind with positive thoughts.
Positive thinking brings in a whiff of optimism into your life and helps you to stay inspired and energised. This optimism prompts you to work harder and put in your best efforts which otherwise you might not have done. Positive affirmations, positive thinking and positive self-talk therefore can make all the difference for you between success and failure in both your personal and professional life.
Positive affirmations are a powerful way to cancel or correct old negative thoughts or ideas.
What are the benefits of positive affirmations?
You become aware of your daily thoughts and words, reducing the risk of letting negativity seep in – this also relates to being mindful.
Increased confidence. Replacing negative thoughts with positive ones will help crush that self-doubt we all have. We’ll start believing in ourselves and our abilities.
Better relationships. That negative thinking has a way of poisoning our relationships, but we can easily turn this around by reciting positive affirmations, which help to strengthen relationships instead.
Improved mood. Our thoughts have a direct effect on our mood—therefore, keeping those thoughts positive can put you in the right headspace and make for much happier days.
Positive affirmations can be used to re-program your thought patterns and change the way you think and feel about yourself, your life and your situation.
Below is a list of positive self-love affirmations for women to help you overcome self-doubt
Choose one statement that resonates with you. Remember, the key here is to find an affirmation that you believe and feel comfortable saying. Use it when you’re feeling low, experience self-doubt or low self-esteem.
100 Powerful Positive Affirmations for women // A Cheat Sheet for Women who need a little boost.
100 Positive Affirmations
1. My life is a gift. I will use this gift with confidence, joy, and exuberance.
2. Today, I choose me.
3. I am worthy of infinite compassion.
4. I am beautiful
5. I am enough
6. I am strong
7. I am smart
8. I am resilient
9. I can do anything I put my mind to
10. I believe in myself
11. I choose to stop apologising for being me
12. I am worthy of being loved
13. I love the person I am becoming
14. I deserve good things
15. I love and accept myself
16. I have great ideas and make great contributions
17. I am limitless
18. I am a good person
19. I will celebrate each goal I accomplish with gratitude and joy
20. I feel profound empathy and love for others and their own unique paths.
21. I choose to stop apologising for being me.
22. I am at peace with all that has happened in my life.
23. My life is filled with joy and abundance.
24. Happiness flows from me
25. Every day I will become more confident, powerful, and successful
26. I am kind and smart
27. I create the life I want
28. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
29. I can do this
30. I trust in my abilities
31. My body is beautiful and expresses my spirit.
32. I respect my limitations and thank myself for the things I am able to accomplish.
33. I deserve complete and unconditional love
34. I welcome the challenges and opportunities that I am facing today and I choose to learn and grow.
35. I am a good mother
36. I am unaffected by the judgment of others
37. I am capable
38. I welcome new challenges
39. I am resilient, and can get through anything
40. I matter
41. I am good at anything I put my mind to
42. Today I will make progress towards my goals.
43. My thoughts do not control me, I control my thoughts.
44. I am capable of what I am willing to work for.
45. I trust myself, and my instincts, above anyone else.
46. I am not afraid of being myself
47. I am becoming closer to my true self every day.
48. I choose to be happy right now
49. I am letting go of doubt and fear.
50. I am grateful for my life and who I am.
51. I am making me a priority
52. I am talented
53. I have the ability to achieve my goal
54. I am stronger than you think
55. I know my worth
56. I choose to love by body
57. I am unique
58. I breathe in courage and exhale self-doubt
59. I am physically strong
60. I am mentally capable
61. I am emotionally equipped to enter a new phase in my life
62. I will heighten my life by helping others heighten theirs
63. I will honour my commitments
64. I will show-up and give it my all
65. I will accept my mistakes and move on
66. I am fearless and no scared of anything
67. I am better than I use to be, but not as good as I will be tomorrow
68. I will achieve my goal
69. I am not a quitter
70. Today I choose me
71. I am the architect of my life
72. Every step I take brings me closer to my goal
73. I inhale positive and exhale negativity
74. I am open to new experiences
75. I am courageous
76. I am in charge of how I feel
77. I am a go getter
78. My imperfections make me unique
79. I love the shape of my body
80. I am a risk taker
81. I do not allow peoples opinions of me to become my reality
82. I am capable of so much
83. I am not afraid to step out of my comfort zone
84. I have the power to create change
85. I am more than enough and deserve to loved
86. I love who I see I the mirror
87. I am comfortable in my own skin
88. My body shape is perfect in the way it’s intended to be
89. I choose to see the good in people
90. I have the power to affect change in my life
91. I am tough. Mentally , physically and emotionally.
92. My past is not a reflection of my future
93. I’m in control of how I react to others
94. I am proud of who I am and where I come from
95. Today I choose to be authentically myself. I am proud to be me.
96. I am prepared to succeed
97. I am focused
98. Today I will conquer my fear
99. I am powerful beyond measure
100. I am motivated, inspired and ready to take on any challenge