Inspiring quotes to get you through the tough times
You may be going through hard time in your life, and you feel like nothing is going your way. You feel alone, stuck in rut and all you want to do is give up. You’re struggling with personal, financial, or mental health issues. You may have lost your job, a loved one or you need to offer some encouragement to a friend who needs help getting through a hard time. Truth be told, we all experience difficult times in our lives at some point, and it’s how we approach these struggles that builds our character. You have a choice; you can let your problems defeat you or you strengthen you. The choice is yours to make.
I want to remind you of a few powerful, yet easily forgotten words that will help you choose wisely and grow stronger even through the hardest times. Because sometimes all we need is a little reassurance that everything will be okay.
Read these inspiring quotes and sayings about going through hard times and staying strong, inspirational poems about life lessons, encouraging words to give strength in difficult times and quotes about life struggles and overcoming them.
1. When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don’t you quit.
Life is strange with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure comes about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don’t give up though the pace seems slow
You may succeed with another blow.
Success is failure turned inside out
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell just how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit
It’s when things seem worst that you must not quit
2. You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have
3. Strength grows in the moments when you think you can’t go on, but you keep going anyway
4. I didn’t come this far to only come this far.
5. Never Apologize For Being Sensitive Or Emotional. Let This Be A Sign That You’ve Got A Big Heart And Aren’t Afraid To Let Others See It. Showing Your Emotions Is A Sign Of Strength.
6. Forget Your Past, Forgive Yourself, And Begin Again Right Now.
7. Be strong now because things will get better. It might be stormy now but it can’t rain forever.
8. Wake Up With Determination. Go To Bed With Satisfaction.
9. Keep your head up. God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers.
10. Breath darling, this is just a chapter, not your whole story.
11. We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes – understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.
12. Strength is the product of struggle; you must do what others don’t to achieve what others won’t.
13. If You’re Lucky Enough To Be Different, Don’t Ever Change.
14. Work For A Cause, Not For Applause. Live Life To Express, Not To Impress. Don’t Strive To Make Your Presence Noticed, Just Make Your Presence Noticed, Just Make Your Absence Felt.
15. The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. For every challenge encountered, there is an opportunity for growth.
16. You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.
17. Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow.
18. Sometimes it takes an overwhelming breakdown, to have an undeniable breakthrough.
19. Worry does not empty tomorrow of its troubles; it empties today of its strength.
20. Being strong doesn’t mean you’ll never get hurt. It means even when you get hurt, you’ll never let it defeat you.
21. True champions aren’t always the ones that win, but those with most guts.
22. If you want something said ask a man, if you want something done ask a woman.
23. A woman is like a tea bag – you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.
24. You are being presented with two choices; evolve or repeat
25. When you feel like quitting think about why you started.
26. Growth Is Painful. Change Is Painful. But Nothing Is As Painful As Staying Stuck Somewhere You Don’t Belong.
27. You are either on my side, by my side or in my fucking way
28. The way get started is to quit talking and begin doing
29. If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you
30. The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd.
31. You’re Allowed To Scream, You’re Allowed To Cry, But Do Not Give Up.
32. Character. Intelligence. Strength. Style. That Makes Beauty.
33. I’m Too Busy Working On My Own Grass To Notice If Yours Is Greener.
34. I Figure, If A Girl Wants To Be A Legend, She Should Go Ahead And Be One.
35. You Never Realize How Strong You Are Until Being Strong Is the Only Choice You Have.
36. What Ever You Decide To Do, Make Sure It Makes You Happy.
37. The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.
38. There is a special place in hell for women who do not help other women.
39. A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.
40. The story of women’s struggle for equality belongs to no single feminist nor to any one organization but to the collective efforts of all who care about human rights.
41. Well-behaved women seldom make history.
42. Keep your heels, head, and standards high.
43. Always be careful of what you hear about a woman. Rumors come from either a man who can’t have her or a woman who can’t compete with her.
44. Here’s to strong women: may we know them, may we be them, may we raise them.
45. The thing women have yet to learn is that nobody gives you power. You just take it.
46. I’m excited about the ageing process. I’m more interested in women who aren’t perfect. They’re more compelling
47. A strong woman builds others up because she knows what it’s like to be torn down.
48. I’m tough, ambitious and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, Okay
49. Every day you have the power to choose.
50. A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it’s in hot water.
51. The age of a woman doesn’t mean a thing. The best tunes are played on the oldest fiddles.
52. I can hear the roar of women’s silence.
53. We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey
54. You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.
55. Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.
56. When a man gives his opinion, he’s a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she’s a bitch.
57. Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
58. There is more to sex appeal than just measurements. I don’t need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much sex appeal, picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain.
59. Be strong now because things will get better. It might be stormy now, but can’t it can’t forever.
60. Don’t pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.
61. Every day may not be good, but there’s something good in every day.
62. Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.
63. When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on
64. To be tested is good. The challenged life may be the best therapist
65. If you fell down yesterday, stand up today
66. Never give up, and be confident in what you do. There may be tough times, but the difficulties which you face will make you more determined to achieve your objectives and to win against all the odds.
67. When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven’t.
68. She believed she could, so she did.
69. The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it.
70. Maybe some women aren’t meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with them.
71. I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.
72. The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion. But cosmetics are easier to buy
73. Be strong. Live honorably and with dignity. When you don’t think you can, hold on.
74. All people have the ability to be strong. But not all people are able to believe in their strength
75. Define success on your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.
76. I can’t make people value me. All I can do is show them who I am, what I feel, and what I believe in. It’s up to them to realize my worth
77. I refuse to be a girl who doesn’t pursue her passions because she doesn’t have enough belief in herself.
78. Make your personality so strong that you don’t need designer labels to show your class.
79. In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity
80. Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved
81. When I look back at my life, it is clear that what I most needed to know was hidden in the places where I least wanted to go
82. You’ve always had the power, my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself.
83. Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen.
84. You Were Given This Life Because You Are Strong Enough To Live It.
85. Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.
86. Where there is no struggle there is no strength.
87. Don’t worry about being successful, but work toward being significant and the success will naturally follow.
88. Your time is way too valuable to be wasting on people that can’t accept who you are
89. I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story—I will.
90. This is your moment. Own it.
91. There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.
92. Darling, when things go wrong in life, you lift your chin, put on a ravishing smile, mix yourself a little cocktail.
93. Forget about the fast lane. If you really want to fly, just harness your power to your passion.
94. Purpose Fuels Passion
95. Make today your bitch
96. Be the woman who decided to go for it!
97. Whatever the problem is, be part of the solution
98. A negative mind will never give you a positive life
99. All progress takes places outside you comfort zone
100. Self-doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will
101. Be the person you want to have in your life
102. Don’t stop until you’re proud